CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Here is a short movie of the kids. I don’t have any pictures of Jaryd for the last couple of days. We had to play inside today with the little ones because it was raining. Not much rain but enough to water the dry ground.
Jaryd did not feel well yesterday. He had a sore throat. We looked in his throat and his tonsils were almost completely covering the back of his throat. We are going to have to get him to the ENT as soon as we get back. I think that the adenoids and the tonsils are interfering with his breathing and his hearing. He probably has fluid in his ears too. His speech seems to suggest that this is the case.
We are continuing our Ground Hog Days. We seem to keep busy just doing our daily routine. The time in the afternoon is good for Kevin to rest. I can tell that the trip is beginning to wear on his health. Please keep him in your prayers.
We got news yesterday that our Pastor does not have cancer. Praise God. We had heard the news while we have been here that he might have had thyroid cancer, but the biopsy proved that was not the case. He still has some issues to work through so keep him in your prayers. His name is Pastor Dave.
By the way, the coffee was great this morning. Never knew you could miss a good cup of coffee so bad. Kevin said this morning he would kill for McDonald’s. That is really bad. I really miss some chips and salsa. Maybe some good green chile enchiladas. Kevin says the best business opportunity is to put a McDonald’s here. There aren’t any in Kirovograd, but there are plenty in Kiev.
We will not be returning for that venture. We have enjoyed our time here. We do miss everyone terribly and we are ready to be home. But, we are doing okay. One more full week of visiting and then we will be starting on the next phase. We can do this. Thank you God for patience.
Kevin, Tammy, Jaryd, Jacob, Alyssa, and Kailyn

PS Drynawynn please know that I did not intend to upset you in any way. I have done as you have asked. So sorry. You can e-mail me at dianehuck@aol.com

8 comments:

Diana said...

I had to laugh about your McDonalds comment. We had none where we were, either...and we missed it like crazy, too. Let me tell you, a Big Mac has NEVER tasted so good as it did when we got back to Kyiv!!

There was a McDonalds right by our last flat and we were too tired and too busy to even think about using the kitchen to cook big meals by that point. The boys were not impressed at all with it on our first trip or two, but man, has that ever changed now!! So has our cravings for it.

We are quite fond of Mexican ourselves and missed that probably even more than Micky D's. We've turned our kids into quite good little Mexican/Ameiricans now. One of Matthew's favorite foods is tacos.

Hang in there. Remember that it won't last forever (even though it feels like it at times.) Use this week to take the opportunity to take pictures of all the by now, very familiar and mundane stuff you see every day. Some day you'll miss it and wish you'd taken more pictures. Hopefully there won't be any hiccups during phase 3 - after the adoption is final, but before you can leave (ie birth certificates, passports, tax ID #s.)

You get to reunite your kids soon, don't you?

Blaine said...

Hang in there the GroundHog days WILL end and all you will have is pictures and memories of where your children used to live.

Indeed, I remember well the "feast" at McDonald's in Kiev after returning from being in region. A Big Mac never tasted soooo good! Then when at a layover in Phoenix the burrito at the airport was just heaven!

In retrospect, though (now that your mouth is watering) I really do miss that Ukrainian ice cream. The banosh, borscht, verenki, palmini (now I'm making myself hungry!) So enjoy it there while you can. . . .

Living Life with Sophia said...

Congratulations! This is truly amazing.
I emailed you last week I am not sure if you receieved it. Say hello to Sasha for me!
Your kiddos are too cute.

Take care
Patricia
you can email me at ptomasone@sympatico.ca

Living Life with Sophia said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for all of you.
Your kids are so beautiful!
Say hello to Sasha for me
I tried emaiing you last week.

If you have chance I would love to speak to you.
ptomasone@sympatico.ca

Take care
Patricia

Unknown said...

Hang in there. You'll be home soon and back to everything you are missing so much.

Lynn Doxon

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy and Kevin,
I am enjoying reading your blog. I adopted my Katya from Mila's (the director)orphange in 2002. She is a wonderful lady. I will be praying for you that everything else goes smoothly on your journey. Tell Mila that the LaViola family sends their love.

Kerri LaViola

Jason & Melanie said...

HAHA, we had thought of the same thing, putting a McDonald's in NovoGrad Volinsky, our children's small town. My husband jokingly asked our 10 yr old if she would run it for us one day since she speaks the language and she said, "No way!" Hang in there on the time...I remember when Jason and I reached the point where we thought we would never get home...BUT, the great news is YOU WILL GET HOME AND although things will be different with a new family...things do get back to some sort of normalcy.
Hab 3:19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer and enables me to go on the heights.
This was an encouraging scripture for me when I was there and I pray it for you too.
Hang in there...You will be home soon!
Melanie Hall

csmith said...

While I am taking a break from grading papers,writing lesson plans and other mundane things that teachers do on the weekend, I decided to send you a little news from good ole EP. Today is cloudy and rather cool. It is expected to only be 77 degrees for the high. We might get some rain, which we can all use about now. The light is changing, so autumn is on its way. Oh, and last Tuesday we did get a truck driving around the neighborhood spraying for the pesky mosquitos. You are very much missed during choir practice. Trish is gone too, so guess who has to do the 'talking' on Sunday. It is so different talking to 5th graders and getting them to do what is needed, than a room full of people, the majority I don't know. Have you decided about schooling yet? Talk to me about it when you get back. That is one BIG point you didn't think you were going to have to deal with right away, huh?
Well, better git. Those ungraded Math assessments are calling me. Stay safe and hope to see you soon.
Cyndie