CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

In Kyiv

We are here. Our flights were uneventful. I had Kevin take his medicine in Memphis before we boarded the plane and Kevin slept all the way to Amsterdam. Alyssa was asleep before we left the ground. Alyssa slept about half way through the flight. Of course, I couldn’t sleep while she was sleeping. So my sleep consisted of dozing between her questions. I think I slept about two hours. Maybe. We arrived and Ben met us at the airport.

We traveled into Kiev stopping at McDonald’s for a drink and a sandwich. We then went on to the grocery store to pick up a few things. After that we continued on to our apartment. It is a very nice one bedroom. We have a living room a dining area and a little back porch balcony. We are on the first floor. That is great for Kevin.

We finally did a little bit of walking around the apartment just to see what is in this area. Ben showed us around. We did find some internet but they did not have a card. So I am not getting to post this until the day after we got here.

Ben left and then we started to get organized to go to bed. Alyssa got a little cranky while getting ready for bed. We slept well until about 2:00 a.m. and Alyssa decided it was time to get up. I kept convincing her that it was still nighttime. She finally gave up around 3:15 and went back to sleep. We got up at about 8:00 and she is still sleeping. Crazy kid. The bed wasn’t too bad. We don’t have coffee at the apartment, but there is a coffee house around the corner. We have to get this figured out so that I can function.

We are going to spend time exploring around here today and possibly attend Ben’s church this evening. It is very near our apartment.

We don’t get our cell phone until today. I will post the number when we get it.
We are in a wonderful place. Don’t worry about us. We feel completely safe

We are just blocks away from the oldest architecture in town, building;s and churches dating back to the 1200’s. Kevin is in hog-heaven looking at the old buildings . It reminds us a little of downtown San Francisco. We have 27 tv channels, all Russian/Ukrainian. Not real entertaining. Thanks for the prayers and support that got us this far! We are excited, and will be going to our first appointment tomorrow (Monday) at 10 to see the first files of available children---maybe Kailyn will be one of them! Thanks all and we give God the Glory for our trip’s ease so far.

Kevin and Tammy

8 comments:

The Flying Eagle said...

So happy to hear that your trip so far has been uneventful! Amazing that you all go so much sleep on an international flight! Happy travels and all our prayers for your appointment. Monica & David

Grandpa Dan said...

Glad you are there safe and sound. God is an awesome God and so good to answer our prayers. I know he continues to be with you guys, not only to keep you safe and in His care, but on your mission as well.

I am going to your church this morning, so I will report to anyone who asks that things are going well thus far. Know that I love you.

Tell Alyssa that Grandpa Dan says "You know what, I love you!"

Grandpa Dan

... said...

Glad to read you made it safely and all is well. No coffee? What's up with that? Do you have a coffee maker in your apt or a microwave? I have European coffee in sticks (little plastic tubes) I am bringing...Jim & I are with you, we gotta have our coffee.

Blessings,
Lisa

Kevin and Pam said...

Glad to hear you made it safe. Funny, I can relate with long flights and lots of questions from little ones who don't want to sleep! Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Shirley Howery said...

Hi Tammy

Glad you trip was uneventful and that you are there safe. Tell Kevin he will have to take alot of pictures of the buildings. Our prayers are with you at your appointment. I am sure everything will go fine. I was glad to hear the appartment is nice and that you feel safe.

I miss you guys already. Take care and God be with all of you.

Love

Shirley

Jana said...

Kevin and Tammy,
I am glad you made it safe and sound. Hope you had a good time at church with Ben. Hopefully you are getting a good night's sleep right now. I am exicted about tomorrow's events for you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
To God Be the Glory,
Jana

Tami said...

YEA! I am so happy you're there and getting settled in. Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes! :)

Blaine said...

Wow, what flashbacks to when we were in Kiev over a year ago! I remember well the jet-lag after arriving and the first couple of days we would wake up very early in the morning and eat the wonderful bread and delicious cheese and then go back to bed with our eye masks on (it got light at 4:00 a.m.) and then sleep until almost noon.