CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

In Kiev again. We finished the medicals this morning. They did it without Jaryd’s passport that will be here tomorrow morning early or possibly tonight. They will put in on the bus in Kirovograd this afternoon and it will be here tonight. Sasha has already been to the embassy and started the paperwork. So tomorrow morning we will go get the Visa’s for the kids. We are trying to book the flights this afternoon to leave on Friday. I am not sure if I can get that done or not. Six seats will be the problem. God has that planned too though. So whatever he has in the works we will be thankful for.
We did not get a lot of sleep last night. We did not find out that we had an apartment until we were trying to get a hotel room at the airport. We ended up with an apartment for 190 a night. Quite pricey, but it is better than a hotel room. And it is only for three nights. We lived really cheaply in Kirovograd, so what the heck. At this point I am just ready to come home. We really miss our support system. And our own beds.
Here is a little info on the ride to Kiev. I gave Kailyn some Benadryl, so she slept or was quiet the whole way. That was a blessing from God. Jacob on the other hand slept for the first half of the trip and threw up from motion sickness for the rest of the trip. We are trying to get some Dramamine for the trip home on the plane. I don’t want to have a sick kid all the way home. I never thought about him getting sick. I have read about other families that have that problem, but it never entered my mind.
We had that Big Mac last night, but it didn’t taste all that great. The kids were starving by the time we got here. The kids and I stayed at the apartment and Kevin and Sasha went to McDonald’s and got some food. We fed them and put them to bed. They were all asleep really quickly. I did two loads of clothes. Jacob only has one pair of pants and those got ruined on the way. I washed all the clothes and hung them to dry. Some of them are still drying. We are still having rain and cold weather.
Kevin has gone with Ben now to get some food for the apartment. We ate McDonald’s left overs this morning for breakfast. That was real wonderful. What a terrible mother that I am. Then once again we ate McDonald’s for lunch. I hope Kevin figures out something different for supper. I have tried to once again reorganize for the trip home. I have only the clothes out that we will need. I hope that we will be seeing you all soon. I am not sure how many posts I will get to do. This could be the last until we are back on American soil. Sorry for no pictures. I will try to do those when we get home. That is an awesome word. HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have had no problems since we got all the kids. Kevin did say at lunch we are those people who you always see and you wonder what are they doing with all those kids. But it is all going very well. I am glad that I like to be organized. It would be impossible without some kind of organization.
Please keep us in your prayers as we prepare to fly. God will not fail us. He has been there from the beginning and he will lead the way home. Thanks to all who have been so constant with the comments. We have cherished everyone of them. We will save this blog someday to show the kids what an ordeal we went through to bring them home. The e-mails have kept us going also. What a wonderful family or Christians we are bringing out children home to. Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope to talk to you all soon
Kevin, Tammy, Jaryd, Jacob, Alyssa, and Kailyn

0 comments: